Saturday, February 14, 2009

Dante+Virgil: BFF

I love how when Dante sat down to write the Devine Comedy (and I am sure he was just hanging around Florence one day, came home after a long day of being a Florentine, and just sat down and wrote the thing) he was like,
"What if I have to travel through the nine circles of hell, to find my lost love, BUT I have my favorite dead author to guide me. "

That is the best idea ever.

If I was going to write Chick-Lit I would write one based on "The Inferno" but it would be the 9 circles of dating and Jane Austen would be my guide.

Or Young Adult Fiction, with hell of course being middle and high school, with J.R.R. Tolkien as my guide.

I want Emily Bronte to show up and guide me through somewhere, but what? Vaguely gothic weirdness?...this may be the best idea of all of them.

No comments: